Yoga and meditation Course in Rishikesh is considered to be the spiritual and Yoga capital of the world. The word Rishikesh has some different meanings. ‘Rishi’ means sage or wise man and ‘kesh’ means place, so it is the place of the ancient sages of India. Another meaning is that of, ‘The controller of the senses’. Rishikesh is a traditional Hindu religious place situated on the banks of India’s famous holy river Ganga in the foothills of the mighty Himalayas. Furthermore, June 21st is celebrated as the International Yoga day all over the world and Yoga ashram in Rishikesh is the centre of all the celebrations with large gatherings of yogis and students. Thousands of people from all across the world visit Rishikesh every month, to learn the ancient Yoga and meditation techniques from the traditional yoga teachers of India. Many famous yogis and teachers, both Indian and international visit or have ashrams here. Great names such as Shivananda, Mahesh Yogi (founder of the Transcendental Meditation), and more recently Mooji baba from Jamaica all have made their centres here. Also, the Beatles came here for spiritual enlightenment.
Here we list the top five reasons why you must visit to learn Yoga and Meditation Course in Rishikesh –
1. Rishikesh is close to the Himalayas – The famous Himalaya Mountains, considered to be the abode of Gods is close to Rishikesh. From time immemorial, people have been visiting and living in the Himalayas for their spiritual Sadhana or practice. In Hindu mythology, there have been plenty of mentions of rishis and sages who went to the Himalayas to do their Tapasya or spiritual practice. Rishikesh is located in the foothills of Himalayas, in the midst of their majestic and magnificent views. Proximity to the Himalayas gives Rishikesh very nice weather which makes it a convenient place to learn and practice yoga and meditation.
2. River Ganga flows through Rishikesh – Maa (Mother) Ganga is considered to the holiest river in the Hindu mythology. Hindus worship Ganga as their mother. Evening Arti or prayers are performed at the banks of the great river every day. Rishikesh is blessed by the mother Ganga which makes it an ideal place to learn and practice yoga and meditation in Rishikesh. People just sit by the river and meditate to feel a deep sense of calm and peace.
3. Rishikesh is the abode of Rishis and Sages – Yoga ashram Rishikesh has always been a meditation hub. Thousands of spiritual aspirants flock to Rishikesh to practice spirituality and attain self-realization. Rishikesh is home to hundreds of Sages and yogis who perform their Tapasya (spiritual practices) or meditation here. Rishikesh also has plenty of temples and ashrams that teach yoga and/or conduct yoga teacher training courses. Hundreds of students from all over the world attend these courses and learn the ancient and excellent art of living that is Yoga. All these courses are conducted by traditional Yogis or sages of Rishikesh giving them the authentic experience. Hence, the students get to learn the authentic form of yoga, as told by the original scriptures.
4. Rishikesh is affordable – Rishikesh offers affordable accommodation and food facilities. It is a very economical place to stay. You will not have to spend a lot of money on food and lodging. Generally, if you learn yoga in a city or bigger town, then your accommodation or food costs a lot of money. Hence, Rishikesh becomes the ideal choice.
5. Convenient Location – Rishikesh is located only 250km north of Delhi and easily accessible by rail, road or air. From Delhi you may either take a taxi or bus. Or you may also take a train from Delhi to Haridwar. From Haridwar, Rishikesh is only 30 km away. Hence, reaching Rishikesh won’t cause you much trouble. There are plenty of bus operators or taxi operators to help you conveniently reach Rishikesh.
Rishikesh, the Yoga capital of the world, is certainly the best place to learn Yoga and meditation. It offers a beautiful location- nestled between the forested hills of the Rajaji tiger and elephant reserve and the cool waters of the ever-flowing majestic river Ganga; it has the authentic and ideal atmosphere to learn the Indian spiritual science. Moreover, you won’t have to pay much to arrange for your lodging or food. Hence, if you are planning to learn best Yoga and meditation centre in Rishikesh is your ideal choice with Ayuryogpeeth.
Tags: Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh , 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh , 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh , 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh